Monday, July 16, 2012

Need to lose weight...

Since I quit my job at the end of February, I've gained over 20lbs. It sucked at first, but I just had to buy new jeans and a new bra, so it's starting to get really bad and noticeable. Also, I've gotten back into drinking soda, which isn't good...I was bad and bought a case the other day...I've been trying to avoid it coming to that, but yeah....

Anywho, the apartment complex where I live has a gym and I try to use the treadmill every day for at least 30 minutes, but I'm lazy and often 'forget' to do it. lol Plus, just walking on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes can get really boring.  So, I looked around on youtube for some easy workouts to do, and came across a lot of people doing stuff in their homes, and that was just too weird to watch...but then I came across some videos from a website called Fitness Blender which are quite professional looking and easy to follow. I went to the website, and found out they have a crap ton of videos for pretty much every part of the body at different intensities....and they're all free! Then I saw that for $4, they'll let you download a pdf that gives you a complete 8 week plan of which ones to do and for how long...totally grabbed that offer! Let's see if it works... It's kinda late in the day, but I'm still going to be starting today because Day 1 on the plan is just to do the fitness test.  Also, I'll probably be doing them later in the day anyway....

Also, I've decided to post my weight and measurements, not only to track my results, but also to embarrass myself into keeping it up...I'll only post them once a week, though...

So...here goes...

Starting Weight - 169.8lbs. (180 was my highest recorded weight ever...I'm trying to stop myself from getting back there...*shudders*)

Bust - 42.5in. (sans bra...they lie. lol)

Waist - 33.75in.

Hips - 43.75in.

Right Arm - 14in.

Right Thigh - 26.75in.


*sigh* I have a long way to go just to get back to where I was, let alone where I'd like to be....wish me luck!!

2 comments:

  1. Drinking soda will catch up with you in the end--you gotta switch to water! If you're not much of a water person, I've always at least enjoyed a seltzer with lime or grapefruit flavoring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...the weird thing is that in the past I actually gained weight when I stopped drinking it and lost weight when I started up again...probably because I drank soda instead of snacking... I actually love carbonated water, but it's so expensive...at least the good kind is...more expensive than soda.

    ReplyDelete